Friday, May 2, 2014

Woke up and worked on in the hallway with my resistance bands. I made my oatmeal again and then was off to explore my last day in Spain. We went to the market first since it was closed yesterday. The market is called Mercat de la Boqueria. This market is huge---tons of fresh fruit/meat/cheese/veggies—very vibrant colors and mmmmm delicious! We both had some fruit—I went with the Strawberries and fresh whip cream which were just delicious! We walked to every corner of the market, gathering interesting sights (full fish, meat being cut and served with the heads of animals still attached) and smells (some good some not so much). After spending a good amount of time in the market we went down to the end of Las Ramblas which leads out to the water and saw the Colon (Columbus monument in honor of his first voyage to America).
We decided to buy a picnic lunch at the market and then take it to Park Guel (another Goudi famous creation). We took the subway and had to find our way to the park which involved lot and lots of stairs and straight uphill walking for about 15 min—some great cardio (definitely missing my workouts if your couldn’t tell). I am pretty sure I was sweating by the top and ready to eat!! Once we got to the top of the park, we enjoyed a spinach pocket, tuna/veggie pocket, chocolate, and pistachio macaroon. MMMM wonderful lunch. After lunch we walked down to the most famous part of the park. This part of course we paid to get into. Goudi is just exquisite. His creations are very fairytale, dream-like. Very curvy nature, no right angles. I got to take a few pictures with the infamous lizard which Goudi put into the park.

After exploring the park, it was back to the subway. On the way to the hotel, we stopped at a Tiger store—like a dollar store/container store/cool gadgets for the home/kitchen. Emily and I had a ball in here playing with everything and checking out new home/kitchen tools. Then we got some frozen yogurt at Tuity and Fruity. I am vanilla and blueberry yogurt with cookie bits and mango. Then it was back to the hotel to repack and shower. I went to sleep around 1AM

No comments:

Post a Comment