James Bond drove me back to the airport the next day. First
flight SAV->ORD---sat next to a kid and just read for the 2 hr flight.
Second flight ORD->Frankfurt, Germany—sat next to an
Argentinan man. I watched Frozen and listened to music. The man next to me
though started to try to caress my thigh (it took me a little while since he
was trying to be sneaky). It freaked me out and made me really uncomfortable,
so I pulled the blanket over my legs and moved my legs to the other side of the
seat. I tried to ignore it. I think he was flirting and was really persistent.
He had a few little airline bottles of wine and was feeling a bit frisky. He
then asked if I liked girls because I kept moving away…so I talked about Alex.
The man was nice and funny, but a little too handsy for me. I ate a vegetarian
meal (rice, beans, salad, bread).
Third flight Frankfurt->Madrid: I had to go through
customs in Germany which was super easy—just a walk through, show passport, and
then done. The last flight I got to sit alone and really needed that from the
previous flight. I slept most of the way. When I arrived in Madrid there were
no customs, just went right to an ATM and got cash for a bus. I found the bus
stop and took it to Plaza de Cibells where Emily Earean was waiting for me. She
showed me the 3 blocks we had to walk to the hotel, telling me the history and
what places we were passing/close to. What a beautiful country. The hotel was
lovely (I booked all the hotels using europeandestinations.com—great
discounts), beautiful lobby and room—very sustainable and modern. I dropped my
stuff off in the room and then it was off to the Expo. To save my legs for the
race tomorrow, we decided to taxi. Only about 15 minutes away, but when we got
there, wow the line was extremely long. I felt walking to the end of it, there
would be no end. However, the line moved really quickly, only stood in it for
about 25 minutes. I got my Bib, bag, shirt, bought calf compression sleeves,
walked around a bit, went to the pasta party---there was a long line for that
too (took about 30 min to get pasta). But had a large bowl of pasta with bread,
sauce, orange, chocolate milk, and coke zero. We sat in the Pavilion and Emily
and I talked. There was entertainment while we ate---people dressed up like
bride and groom, walking around on stilts, juggler, clown as well—very unusual
but the local people just loved it and kids would follow dancing with them. We
took the metro back to the hotel and I got a few postcards to send out. Emily
and I sat in the lobby, put on our sleeves, and relaxed our legs. These sleeves
made my legs feel amazing—I was having some Achilles issues and these sleeves
made it all go away. We chatted until about 9 and then it was time for bed, I
had a big day ahead of me.
I fell right asleep, but woke up at 12-12:30PM and was wide
awake and ready to run. Had to get myself back on Madrid time and talk myself
back to sleep so that I was full rested.
No comments:
Post a Comment